Billboard describes the sound of alt rockers Late Night Episode as “rowdy rock” and we cannot think of a better description for the New York rockers. We feel their sound is a mix between Kings of Leon and The Hunna, if you can imagine such a thing. “Golden Age” gives us a taste of what to expect from the band’s soon to be released EP. In the video for their third released single, the band wanders the streets and streams of New York while singing their frustration with the internet. Lead singer Daniel Lonner explains the spot on lyrics like this: “I had the lyrics for the hook of ‘Golden Age’ written for a while before the instrumental came along. I wanted to remind people that even though the internet is a wonderful world of its own, 2017 is the most opportune time to be alive and to live, you have to get out and do shit.” It is no coincidence that the video is shot on 16mm film while showcasing places the band hangs out and grew up on. It has a unique feel of nostalgia of a simpler time. We dig their refreshing sound and echo the buzz of many publications that agree. It should be a big year for these guys.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- Three incredible new singer songwriter tunes (and one song of the year candidate)
- Three talented singer songwriters for your new music list
- Turkey and Tinsel: Holiday Playlist #3
- Three Americana songs that’ll make you sing from sea to shining sea
- Three folk-flavored singer songwriters for your pre-feast listening