Multi-instrumentalist Kan Wakan is the sort of musician we love at ETTG. His sound fails even the most thoughtful of genre labels. With each twist and turn of his single “No Line”, we were at a loss for description in the most glorious of ways. There is a palpable jazz feel, followed by an electro element that is only shattered by the soulful lyrics of the electronica infused artist. Creative layers are added almost every moment of the burner of a track. It is no wonder that the LA based artist was recently named by LA Weekly as “one of the top 10 young songwriters in Los Angeles”. He explains his new single this way; “No Line” is the unraveling of a lopsided relationship, the deconstruction of false dichotomies as glimmers of optimism are replaced by the harsh hues of clarity. As truth emerges, strange bedfellows are unmasked: threats masked as promises, oppression enabled by hope, damnation the appetizer for salvation.” His creative approach will serve him well as he continues to produce layered and catchy tracks like “No Line”. He has the rare gift of crafting intentional songs that are accessible for a larger audience. We cannot wait to hear more.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- Three incredible new singer songwriter tunes (and one song of the year candidate)
- Three talented singer songwriters for your new music list
- Turkey and Tinsel: Holiday Playlist #3
- Three Americana songs that’ll make you sing from sea to shining sea
- Three folk-flavored singer songwriters for your pre-feast listening