Multi-instrumentalist Kan Wakan is the sort of musician we love at ETTG. His sound fails even the most thoughtful of genre labels. With each twist and turn of his single “No Line”, we were at a loss for description in the most glorious of ways. There is a palpable jazz feel, followed by an electro element that is only shattered by the soulful lyrics of the electronica infused artist. Creative layers are added almost every moment of the burner of a track. It is no wonder that the LA based artist was recently named by LA Weekly as “one of the top 10 young songwriters in Los Angeles”. He explains his new single this way; “No Line” is the unraveling of a lopsided relationship, the deconstruction of false dichotomies as glimmers of optimism are replaced by the harsh hues of clarity. As truth emerges, strange bedfellows are unmasked: threats masked as promises, oppression enabled by hope, damnation the appetizer for salvation.” His creative approach will serve him well as he continues to produce layered and catchy tracks like “No Line”. He has the rare gift of crafting intentional songs that are accessible for a larger audience. We cannot wait to hear more.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- Three energetic rock tracks to celebrate the weekend
- Three engaging new folk singer songwriters for your consideration
- Three brand new folk songs to soothe your weary soul
- Three neoclassical pieces to bring you to a peaceful weekend
- This ain’t your grandpa’s Americana: Three must-hear new Americana tracks