Maggie Pope writes with a beautiful sincerity in each line. Something about this composition reminds me of sitting around the campfire with friends years ago listening to classic folk songs. Pope’s crystalline vocal cuts through the song, right to your heart. The lines feel intricate, chosen for each perfect moment. I love how the simplicity of the piece creates a feeling of softness and intimacy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- Three incredible new singer songwriter tunes (and one song of the year candidate)
- Three talented singer songwriters for your new music list
- Turkey and Tinsel: Holiday Playlist #3
- Three Americana songs that’ll make you sing from sea to shining sea
- Three folk-flavored singer songwriters for your pre-feast listening