Maggie Pope writes with a beautiful sincerity in each line. Something about this composition reminds me of sitting around the campfire with friends years ago listening to classic folk songs. Pope’s crystalline vocal cuts through the song, right to your heart. The lines feel intricate, chosen for each perfect moment. I love how the simplicity of the piece creates a feeling of softness and intimacy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- Three tracks that will have you pondering what “alt pop” is and why you love it now
- Three folk singer songwriters you want to follow this year
- Artist Interview: The prolific folk singer Joe Purdy returns with THREE albums this year
- Three energizing indie pop tracks that will bring optimism to your week
- How to promote your song on Spotify and gain exposure