Whether you call it folk or country music, this duo The Longest Year has a really likeable sound. They remind me a bit of a band we enjoy called the Wind and the Wave. It’s the kind of male-female duo dynamism that can really make a song pop. There’s definitely a bluesy core to the song that works nice. Once the full band enters, the track feels like it could have come off of a Springsteen album. It’s a mashup of styles that some of our readers will really enjoy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- Three new tracks pushing the definition of “country” music
- Three new folk tunes to help you through the midweek
- Three neoclassical pieces for a contemplative and relaxing playlist
- Rock Act Crux Impress While “Living in Dystopia”
- Three outstanding new folk songs you need to add to your playlist (including a song of the year candidate)