Whether you call it folk or country music, this duo The Longest Year has a really likeable sound. They remind me a bit of a band we enjoy called the Wind and the Wave. It’s the kind of male-female duo dynamism that can really make a song pop. There’s definitely a bluesy core to the song that works nice. Once the full band enters, the track feels like it could have come off of a Springsteen album. It’s a mashup of styles that some of our readers will really enjoy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- Three calming neoclassical pieces for the last day of summer
- Artist Interview: Folk singer songwriter Darryl Rahn tells stories that sound good in the car
- Three indie folk tunes that will remind you why you love the genre
- Three emerging singer songwriters for your consideration
- Exceptional Thursday Covers