We don’t use the word “infectious” much when describing the tracks we come across at Ear to the Ground, but that is exactly what the new single “The Stars” is. Toronto’s Taylor Knox is set to release his debut LP Love on June 9th, and we are sure there will be even more pieces of catchy indie pop like this. The artist has a great handle on songwriting that travels the territory of acts like Alvvays. In fact, good friend Molly Rankin of the band lends vocals on several tracks of the new album. Knox is able to weave pop harmonies with the crunch of attractive guitars to create jams that don’t try to do too much but simply explode for the few short minutes of crafted gold. These tracks are perfect for the upcoming summer season and a drive soaked with the warm rays of the sun along the coast. Try not to dance to this song. We dare you.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What’s New on ETTG
- The Most Expansive (almost) Sounds on the Internet
- Three energetic new rock tracks to get your blood pumping this week
- Three calming neoclassical tracks to bring in the new week
- Album Review: Ethan Gruska’s 2020 album En Garde
- Three indie folk tracks to reflect the need for love and human connection